Who am I?
I am currently studying specialized Honours BASc in Electronics Engineering with a minor in Business Administration with expected graduation in August 2013.
A team-focused, task-oriented, and results-driven entrepreneur with a strong business and engineering background. Experienced in project management, technology related support, and working in multi-disciplinary teams. Puts a strong emphasis on effective communication, organizational sustainability, and meeting client and market needs.
My core competencies
- Android Developer
- Java Programmer
- Team Managment
- Web Designer
- Fast Learner
- sense of humor
May2013 Facebook Hackathon
Honorable mentions for my android application "WeTube".
Mar2013 Scholarship Awards
received Undergraduate Research Scholarship Awards for my thesis.
Jun2012 Nokia Hackathon
Second place overall for my windows phone app "Magic Scale".
My convocation will be on October 10th 2013 at 9:45am and everyone is invited.Undergraduate thesis
Received the Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) for my thesis on disease diagnostics using smartphones
Received a certificate from Google for completing "Power Searching with Google" advanced course.IEEE Scholarship Awards
Received IEEE Vancouver Scholarship Awards in recognition for high scholastic honours and involvement in extra-curricular student affairs.
Undergraduate Thesis<Summer 2013
Antibiotic Suseptibility test using smartphones
- Received the Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) for my thesis on disease diagnostics using smartphones
- Interfacing a hardware unit to a smart phone so that the phone becomes an electrochemical sensor for disease diagnostic purposes
- Device will offer rapid diagnostics in remote areas and impoverished areas of the world with hopes of saving new born infants across the world
- First prototype uses Android operating system as the main unit
Management Analyst - Engineering (Third Coop) (May - Aug 2012)
Sierra Wireless Inc. - Richmond, BCDeveloped analysis tools in Excel using macros and visual basic programming to guide the management team in making wise decisions. Programmed a relational database using SQL server and managed it through ASP.NET. Created a dashboard system from scratch using excel forms and 1,000+ lines of coding.
Research Assistant - Database Design (Second Coop) (May - Aug 2010)
Dr. Mehrdad Saif (Past director of Engineering Science Department) - Burnaby, BCPerformed research on various subjects on academic databases. Developed and tested a database using Microsoft Access, PHP and Mysql. Reported and documented research results to present to the professor.
Electronics Engineer Assistant - Hardware Engineer (First Coop) (Sep - Dec 2009)
Analytic Systems Ware LTD - Delta, BCAssembled surface mount circuit boards from the schematics. Tested and repaired control boards using the lab equipment such as scope and multimeter. Programmed PIC Microcontrollers used in the control boards using C language.
AdvnaceAndroid - Java
Programmed multiple android applications being downloaded on average 60 times per day. In addition Java is the foundation for my thesis.
IntermediateC++ - C - OOP
Programmed multiple Object Oriented programs using visual studio professional and used for various other projects throughout university.
Chairman of SFU IEEE (2011-2012)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Student branch - Burnaby, BCElected to lead a team of 12 engineers and three professors to define and drive the IEEE vision. Hosted 10+ events that positively impacted and empowered 150+ engineering students. Supervised entire planning process including recruitment, budgeting, logistics, and marketing. Established monthly meetings and tracked status reports to monitor project progress.
Olympics Technology Team (Spring 2010)
Vancouver 2010 Olympics and Paralympics technology team member - Whistler, BCWorked with senior managers and executives to run the IT department of the Olympics. Attended regular training sessions for technical as well as behavioural advancements. Helped to maintain 200+ computers during the Olympic games under live circumstances. Worked with cross-functional teams to help run the games without any problems.
Technology Officer Koga International (2011)
Koga International Development Association (Charity) - Burnaby, BCOrganized charity projects to improve the well being of people locally. Held group discussions on new approaches, concerns and achievements around the world. Attended meetings to discuss current and future capacity building projects within BC. Contributed ideas in current charity projects on further improvements.
Volunteer WorkStudent Panellist Lecturer
- Invited by Marilyn Trautman, Faculty of Applied Sciences coordinator of Academic Programs, for three consecutive years (2010, 2011, 2012) to give a presentation for newly admitted Engineers during their first year orientation. I am still in close contact with many of those students and help them through the tough times of their university life.Simon Fraser University Mentorship Panel
- Invited by Daniela Abasi, Student Affairs Coordinator, to participate in an hour long discussion group, along with 7 other students from various backgrounds, to help Faculty staff understand how they can improve the university experience for new students.Olympics Technology Team Member - VANOC
- Worked with senior managers and executives to run the IT department of the Olympics
- Attended regular training sessions for technical as well as behavioural advancements
- Helped to maintain 200+ computers during the Olympic games under live circumstances
- Worked with cross-functional teams to help run the games without any problemsMultimedia Management - Ghadir Group
- Helped set up an online broadcasting system with limited budget on ustream.tv
- Maintained the system so the events can be played live through internet from any device
- Developed an interface using current tools to encode the video and audio signals live
- Supervised a team to develop the website for the masjid with advanced featuresTechnology Officer - Koga International
- Organized charity projects to improve the well being of people locally
- Held group discussions on new approaches, concerns and achievements around the world
- Attended meetings to discuss current and future capacity building projects within BC
- Contributed ideas in current charity projects on further improvementsVice-President - Simon Fraser University Iranian Club (SFUIC)
- Worked with a dynamic team to promote Iranian culture among students
- Analysed Iranian students needs and provided solutions to help them grow
- Delivered 20+ social events and activities for students from various backgrounds
- Based on feedback, 93% of attendees were glad they came to our eventsPresident of Music Band - Simon Fraser University Iranian Music Band (SFU-IMB)
- Conducted a team of 9 students to practice and play Eastern (Traditional) music
- Performed for several large (200+ audience) and small events in various locations
- Organized charity events in community centres with music performances
- Played violin for 10+ years and sang several songs which can be found on my websiteRadio Station Project - Simon Fraser Radio Station (CJSF)
- Worked in a team of 6 students to create a large float using plaster which was in shape of a mountain with a artificial transmitter at the top to resemble the radio stationComputer Graphics Design Project - Dental Faculty of Tehran University
- Designed and programmed a graphical interface using Adobe Flash to display the students' information, including their picture, for the graduation ceremony of year 2006
Accomplishments (7 and counting)
Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA)
Mar 2013Received the Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) for my thesis on disease diagnostics using smartphones.
Jun 2012Second place overall in Nokia hackathon windows phone developer challenge.
Feb 2013Received a certificate from Google for completing "Power Searching with Google" advanced course.
IEEE scholarship awards
Mar 2012Received IEEE Vancouver Scholarship Awards in recognition for high scholastic honours and involvement in extra-curricular student affairs.
SFU Business Venture Competition
Dec 2011Won third prize in SFU Business Venture Planing competition for designing ultra efficient hybrid car solutions (39% more fuel efficiency).
IEEE ethics Certificate
Sep 2011Received the IEEE ethics certificate after succesfuly completing the IEEE ethics competition.
SFU leadership summit certificate
Jan 2010The Leadership Summit is an annual one-day conference for SFU students who wish to explore their own leadership development, explore the topic of leadership, social change and citizenship, and learn from a range of presenters.
* Developed and implemented an algorithm to show parking availability online.
* Car locations were detected using a camera with advanced image processing algorithms.
* Results were processed on a server computer and sent to a screen at the entrance.
* Dynamic results were also displayed online to be viewed on a smart phone.
* Managed the entire project from initial stage all the way to execution with successful results.
* Used Visual Studio and Eclipse using C++ and Java for image processing.
* Used Dreamweaver with HTML, PHP and Mysql for server side scripting.
* Programmed an artificial air-hockey robot in C++ to compete against other teams.
* A central control unit was programmed to be controlled by an external joystick.
* A robot dynamics was simulated using SolidWorks and then applied in code.
* Visual Studio was utilized to perform coding and debugging throughout the project.